[PD] Bounty [Re: no licensing, no money?]

Thomas Grill gr at grrrr.org
Thu May 19 18:13:23 CEST 2005

Hi all,

> If a user does not have enough trust in the PD organization then they
> will probably not give any money for any purpose anyway.

that's not necessarily true.
Since i am part of a small company spending money on PD development i
can say that there are parts that are crucial for PD to be useful for
our project (like optimization issues, audio layer quality, general
usability and some special features) and there are parts where i
wouldn't spend money on (like the TK part). We don't have enough money
that we don't care - maybe others have.
 From my point of view i would also like to choose developers who i
trust in terms of skills and style of coding. Sure we could have opted
to spend our money in pure proprietary programming, but we wanted to
show our respect to the community.
There are already a number of improvements (mainly to the developer
branch) that hopefully make it into main PD soon. Also most of my
publicized externals are spinoffs from commercial funding.

best greetings,
Thomas