[PD] osc pd-max

Piotr Majdak piotr at majdak.com
Tue May 24 14:41:03 CEST 2005

Hi!

Between two pd-patches, this solution works for me:

[connect localhost 10003(

| [send /one yeah(
| |
[sendOSC]

Receiver:
[dumpOSC]

[OSCroute /one /two]
|                  |
[print]            [print]

Click on [send /one yeah( in sender patch and see it working...

If you still can't get connection between two non localhosts, maybe a
personal firewall is messing around...

Piotr

roc wrote:

> hey
> i've never used OSC until now, when i'm trying to connect a pd patch  on
> my powerbook to a max patch in another mac. it works from max to  max,
> but i cant figure out the right syntax to make pd talk to max.
> on my patch i have:
>
> [connect 192.168.1.13 5500(
> |
> [sendOSC]
> |
> [OSC]
>
> and i'm trying it with, say, [send poo $1( connected to sendOSC.
> then on the machine running max, i have:
>
> [otudp read 5500 nbufs 10 bufsize 256]
> |
> [OpenSoundControl]
>         [route poo]
>         [0)
>
> what am i doing wrong?
> this must be extra-easy, but...
> danke

Piotr Majdak
Institut für Schallforschung
Österreichische Akademie der Wissenschaften
Reichsratsstr. 17
A-1010 Wien
Tel.: +43-1-4277-29511
Fax: +43-1-4277-9296