[PD] [OT] PC hardware recommondations for Linux

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Wed May 25 18:56:28 CEST 2005

Hi Ben,

This is the board in my Shuttle, I think, and it works quite nice. The
only thing you won't get are the 6 channel audio because it uses a
proprietary surround system. Stereo will work fine, however. Ethernet
needs a specific module that isn't in "default" kernels, but is there if
you compile on your own. Firewire for hard drives seemed fine, haven't
tested it with video. I'm using Gentoo with 2.6 kernel, BTW.

d.

--
derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl
---Oblique Strategy # 105: