[PD] Re: [PD-dev] pdogg hacks

Olaf Matthes olaf.matthes at gmx.de
Thu May 26 19:18:43 CEST 2005

B. Bogart wrote:

> Hey Olaf,
>
> At first I was suprised that the MAX versions of the ogg stuff were
> non-free, as a MAXer had mentioned. Now all versions are non-free?

No, the pdogg stuff still is free but no longer supported by me.

> How
> does this relate to the work you have been doing for Zack Settle for
> Open Territories? (Which has to be GPL).

They are using pdogg, not oggPRO. The netsend~ stuff is GPL.

> Are you still planning on
> releasing some sub-portion of your work under the GPL (as Thomas Grill
> is doing?)
>
> Since versions were freely distributed this does mean that any of us
> would be free to continue to develop it as a fork from your old free
> versions? As long as they do not include code from your new non-free
> versions?

As Frank already said, since the 'original' versions were released under
LGPL you are stil allowed to use them, modify them and so on (still
following the LGPL license terms). The 'new' non-free stuff is released
under a different license.

Olaf