[PD] threaded soundfiler

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Sat May 28 18:31:04 CEST 2005

> I followed some posts around this topic about a year ago... Has this
> been incorporated in any pd windows binary release? Ive tried standard
> 0.38 and pd-devel 0.38.4-2 and still get those annoying clicks when
> in background? greg
i think, i haven't compiled the devel binary with the threaded
soundfiler ... basically because at the current implementation of the
arrays, relocating of the array in memory and the resorting of the dsp
tree every time you load a new soundfile is not clean at all...

i'm willing to maintain a threaded soundfiler, but not with the current
implementation of arrays in pd and the current implementation of
garray_getfloatarray(). especially i don't want to rewrite the threaded
soundfiler for each new version of pd ...

if there are a number people who want to use a windoze binary with the
threaded soundfiler on their own risk, i can release a binary with the
threaded soundfiler ... right now, you have to compile from scratch ...

cheers ... tim

--
mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de    ICQ: 96771783
http://www.mokabar.tk

latest mp3: kMW.mp3
http://mattin.org/mp3.html

latest cd: Goh Lee Kwang & Tim Blechmann: Drone
http://www.geocities.com/gohleekwangtimblechmannduo/

would say "I want to see the manager."
				      William S. Burroughs