[PD] textfile insert and delete

thewade pdman at aproximation.org
Sun May 29 18:21:58 CEST 2005

Hi again my favorite list!

I was wondering if there was an easier way to insert and
delete single entries from a textfile/qlist list?

As of now I do the following have a main textfile and a
temporay textfile. To insert or delete an entry I step
through each of the entries in the main textfile and add
thoes to the temp textfile. If I am deleting an entry I
skip copying that entry into the temp textfile. If I am
inserting an entry I add it to the temp textfile at the
appropriate place. once all entries have been copied
from the main to the temp textfile I clear the main file,
read the values back from the temp textfile into the main
textfile, and clear the temp textfile.

It would be so much easier and less computationaly
intensive to do an insert and delete within the c code,
wouldnt it?

Thanks for the help with my settings automation patch!
-thewade