[PD] Re: [PD-announce] usb multi/o pcb's available ....

Christian Klippel ck at mamalala.de
Wed Jun 1 13:25:54 CEST 2005

hi hans,

Am Mittwoch 01 Juni 2005 06:04 schrieb Hans-Christoph Steiner:
> Yes, this is definitely a good thing.  I saw a brief mention of a USB
> HID implementation for this but I can't find any info on that.  It
> would be awesome if the multio box would show up as a USB HID device,
> then it would work with the [hid] objects.
>
> .hc

yes, it does show up as hid device. it has two usb configurations, hid
(default) and non-hid.

there is only one small thing in the linux event system that keeps the box
away from using _all_ of its i/o capabilities.
problem is that the linuxevent system has artificial limits imposed on how
many buttons/led's/absolute axes a device should have at maximum. for sure im
way above that maximum ..... another thing is that the event system by
default does not send absolute values to the device. altough it _can_ do
sending stuff, as you can see with led's (on the keyboard, for example), it
refuses to do so with absolute controllers. on my page i have written a small
text on how to tweak linux's event modules to handle that. see
http://multio.mamalala.de/driver.html

greetings,

chris