[PD] [Gem] measuring pixel values in a region

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Jun 1 15:37:54 CEST 2005

günter geiger wrote:
> Hi gemers, hi list,
>
> I am looking for an object or a combination thereof that can give
> me the mean pixel value of a specific region of an image.
>
> Is there a way to do this in Gem ?

use [pix_crop] for getting the specific region (rectangles only)
use [pix_mean_color] (CVS) for getting the average color of an image.
OR use [pix_resize 1 1] (CVS) to resize the image to 1 pixel and get the
value of that image with [pix_data] or [pix_dump]

OR convert the image to a signal and use [lop~]

mfg.a.sdr
IOhannes

> I would like to implement color tracking in different regions of an
> image.
great