[PD] EIB integration

Florian Grote dev at computer-musik.de
Wed Jun 1 18:06:02 CEST 2005

Hi all,
has anybody done research into implementing an interface to the EIB
(European Installation Bus) as an external in Pd? The EIB connects all
types of devices for "smart houses", such as automatic windows, shades,
garage doors, alarms, refridgerators, etc. If we had an interface to
that bus in Pd, all these devices could either be controlled from within
Pd or used as sensors. My interest in this is my research into the
construction of smart environments, using sound as aesthetic reference.
More info about the EIB (in German language): http://www.eib-home.de
Greetz, Florian