[PD] EIB integration

Sukandar Kartadinata sk at glui.de
Wed Jun 1 18:50:38 CEST 2005

> has anybody done research into implementing an interface to the EIB
> (European Installation Bus) as an external in Pd? The EIB connects all
> types of devices for "smart houses", such as automatic windows,
> shades, garage doors, alarms, refridgerators, etc. If we had an
> interface to that bus in Pd, all these devices could either be
> controlled from within Pd or used as sensors. My interest in this is
> my research into the construction of smart environments, using sound
> as aesthetic reference. More info about the EIB (in German language):
> http://www.eib-home.de

a better starting point might be
http://www.auto.tuwien.ac.at/~berndth/eib/index.html

I might implement this for the gluion, but right now don't have the
time to wade thru the specification. If you find a short write-up of
the protocol that would help.
There seem to be devices that let you couple RS232 into EIB, but that's
just from briefly looking at some pages