[PD] [OT] PC hardware recommondations for Linux

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Thu Jun 2 17:20:55 CEST 2005

Hey Frank+all,

Thanks for your advice. Turns out I can't get any XP CPUs anymore!!! :(
So I need to get a Athlon64 machine.

Is AMD64 a problem under linux? (running a 32 bit linux and not 64).

I wanted to get the last fastest 32 bit AMD machine, but I missed the
boat. Anyhow I should expect in terms of 64 bit problems with
linux/nvidia drivers, PD in particular?

Will I be safe running a 32 bit linux and ignoring the fact that it is a
64 bit machine in the meantime?

I feel too close to the "high-tech" edge now, which I try and stay away
from...

Thanks for any advice, thanks all for responding to my original post.

b>