[PD] installing PD on osX

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Jun 3 00:06:19 CEST 2005

On Jun 2, 2005, at 2:49 PM, thewade wrote:

> So the 0.39test2-rc0 file is the .app file?

You download the .dmg file, double-click that, and it mounts a virtual
disk.  On the virtual disk is the Pd.app.  You can run it directly from
that virtual disk or copy it to wherever, preferrably to /Applications

http://www.jackosx.com

> Could you include zexy in the .app please?

Zexy is included compiled as individual objects.  If you want the lib,
you have to get it elsewhere.

> Thanks for all the help all!
> Especially with osX (is it a BSD derivitive BTW?) and not being able
> to look at the screen. And she that I assist is not really a computer
> nerd either... yet. I am still working on that!

OSX is built on top of BSD and shares the original BSD code will all of
the BSDs and more recent code with FreeBSD.  The Windowing system
(Aqua) is proprietary and originates from NeXTSTEP (i.e. its not
Xwindows).

.hc