[PD] installing PD on osX

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Fri Jun 3 20:44:55 CEST 2005

Yes....

On my todo list I have the task of:

#1. Take a look at Thomas F.O.'s installer and see why he wants it
"that" way.

#2. Try Hans's RC's for 38 and 39

#3. Make pixelTANGO work in Hans's

#4. See if any ideas from Thomas's installer are worth integrating

#5. Do a prototype of the patch searching/indexing system.

#6. Release it all as a prototype of the future SINGLE STANDARD .app for
OSX. :)

I mean ".app" here and not "installer" per-se.

How can we make PD consistant on other platforms? Easy enough in windows
to make something similar to the .app. On linux how could this be done?
One option (ugly) I see is to create a mirror of the .app idea for
linux, with a similar tree. This is standalone, no packages, no
dependancies, everything included.. (sounds ugly) and some cute method
for putting it  in the gnome/kde menu... For the user this could be
great, all you do is untar and go, like firefox on linux. I guess the
same thing could happen with packages?

Anyone working on a linux versions of the OSX and windows package
building scripts in CVS?