[PD] buffer 1 with Gem

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Jun 6 16:04:14 CEST 2005

cyrille henry wrote:
> hello,
>
> i've got somes problems : nothing is draw on the gemWindows in buffer 1
> mode (gem debian installer and latest cvs, linux, pd 38.4)
>
> i can't find any example patch of the "buffer 1" feature in gem, so I
> don't know where the problem comes from.

you are sure you are banging the [gemhead]s ?

> does anyone have an example to share?

04.pix/10.PixDataSimple.pd ??

i thought the "buffer 1" was broken somehow, but the example told me it
works.

btw, what do you people need the "buffer 1" feature for ?
i thought of removing it a la long and "replace" it with some
controllable feedback in double-buffered mode.
(this means: if single-buffered mode is used only to not make "traces"
of objects, this could be handled otherwise.)
if someone needs full control over the render-chain, removing would
probably be a bad idea.

mfg.asd.r
IOhannes