[PD] buffer 1 with Gem

cyrille henry cyrille.henry at la-kitchen.fr
Mon Jun 6 18:10:08 CEST 2005

IOhannes m zmoelnig a écrit :
> cyrille henry wrote:
>
>> hello,
>>
>> i've got somes problems : nothing is draw on the gemWindows in buffer 1
>> mode (gem debian installer and latest cvs, linux, pd 38.4)
>>
>> i can't find any example patch of the "buffer 1" feature in gem, so I
>> don't know where the problem comes from.
>

> you are sure you are banging the [gemhead]s ?
i thought i tryied, but there was certainly something wrong in my patch!

>> does anyone have an example to share?
>

> 04.pix/10.PixDataSimple.pd ??

it's exaclty what i was looking for. (sorry, i read the help files a
long time ago, i forget this one).

> i thought the "buffer 1" was broken somehow, but the example told me it
> works.

yes, it also work here (.deb and cvs).

> btw, what do you people need the "buffer 1" feature for ?

i wanted to try this to be able to display the position during time of
some chaotic oscilator. each time iteration should add 1 new point.
it's just to make images that can not be computable in real time. (very
similar to the example)
I never used buffer 1 before.

thanks
cyrille