[PD] OSX x86 pd/gem is workin'!

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Wed Jun 8 06:58:05 CEST 2005

hiya,

...so I'm at apple's wwdc, and I just had to test pd and gem against
the new x86 OSX boxes:  they're running a 3.6GHz P4 with 2GB RAM, 2MB
L2 cache...just downloaded the pd-0.38-4 source from miller's site,
and only had to change the location of Wish Shell.app to get it
running:  tiger has a Tk.framework (8.4.7, so my cg stuff is
shipping!), and the framework has Wish Shell.app embedded...

...only one "error":

consistency check failed:  cos~: unexpected machine alignment

...and the audio ain't working, but that's probably an endian issue
in portaudio...

...then chris egged me on over chat to try GEM...at first we tried
his old G3 build of 0.90, but no luck...then I just grabbed cvs HEAD
and used the new configure/make build, and a few tweaks later, it was
working quite respectably!  Not bad for such a big change...btw, yes,
I did include the "--with-MMX" configure flag :-P

woot,
jamie