[PD] switching signals

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Fri Jun 10 14:50:38 CEST 2005

Howdy,

use:

[ | | ] (toggle object)

[select 0]/[select 1]/[select 2]
  |      |   |      |   |      |
[1<    [0< [1<    [0< [1<    [0<  (messages)

The right outlet of each [select] is connected to inlet of next [select]

Each [select] is connected to the message "1" and "0". It sends "1" when
the toggle gives an output which matches the [select] creation argument,
and a "0" otherwise and passes the input on to the next [select]. Send
the "1" message to the objects you want to turn on, and a "0" message to
the objects you want to turn off.

I leave it to you to work out how to do this with video. The 1/0 message
coulg control the gain of the image in GEM, or it could turn on/off the
metro driving a [pdp_reg] object in PDP. I use this kind of switch to
control audio inputs all the time, or even to [switch~] abstractions or
subpatches on/off.

best,
d.

--