[PD] [half OT] laptop processors for rt sound

ix at replic.net ix at replic.net
Sun Jun 12 18:36:16 CEST 2005

> notes: I fear 64-bit will be too expensive so I won't focus on it. Also, I

x86_64 is not more expensive than x86, there are a number of Turion notebooks from ASUS, HP, et al. this is my choice, since it allows for binary-sharing and distcc with a shuttle, but if you dont care about 64bit, pentium-M is also great, and runs pd quite a bit faster using less energy than a comparably-mhz'd athlon32 or P4..

didnt try the latest pd CVS. does it fix the 64bit incompatibilty issues?