[PD] pdp install on fc3 ccrma machine

dominic samuraiskillz at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Jun 13 21:40:59 CEST 2005

hi list,

I am currently trying to install pdp (cvs sourceforge) on a fc3 ccrma
machine. I am unsurprisingly hitting a few snags and I wondered if I
could beg a few sage words from this list.

I have installed libgsl and gsl-shlibs

When i .configure it seems to go OK for a while then tells me:

checking for lqt_decode_video in -lquicktime... no
   libquicktime not found: not building pdp_qt

When I do locate libquicktime it finds all of this:

/usr/lib/libquicktime.so.0
/usr/lib/libquicktime1394.so.0.0.0
/usr/lib/libquicktime
/usr/lib/libquicktime/lqt_vorbis.so
/usr/lib/libquicktime/lqt_mjpeg.so
/usr/lib/libquicktime/lqt_audiocodec.so
/usr/lib/libquicktime/lqt_opendivx.so
/usr/lib/libquicktime/lqt_png.so
/usr/lib/libquicktime/lqt_rtjpeg.so
/usr/lib/libquicktime/lqt_videocodec.so
/usr/lib/libquicktime/lqt_dv.so
/usr/lib/libquicktime
/usr/lib/libquicktime1394.so.0
/usr/lib/libquicktime.so.0.0.0
/usr/share/doc/libquicktime-0.9.3
/usr/share/doc/libquicktime-0.9.3/README
/usr/share/doc/libquicktime-0.9.3/COPYING
/usr/share/doc/libquicktime-0.9.3/TODO
/usr/share/doc/libquicktime-0.9.3
/var/cache/apt/archives/libquicktime_0.9.3-2.rhfc3.ccrma_i586.rpm

obviously no lqt_decode_video there though. Is this the correct version
of libquicktime for pdp? any ccrma users out there who understand how
its all put together and what version fernando uses?(i will post this to
the ccrma list also)

Anyhow I thought I would attempt to make it anyway just for kicks. It
didn't work and the main info I get is:

pdp_imageproc_common.c: In function `_sign':
pdp_imageproc_common.c:292: warning: use of cast expressions as lvalues
is deprecated
make[2]: *** [pdp_imageproc_common.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/lib/pd/externs/pdp/system/image'
make[1]: *** [common] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/lib/pd/externs/pdp/system'
make: *** [pdp_all] Error 2

If you got this far, thank you. If you can help I would be very great
full. If you need anymore info let me know.

Dominic

P.S. Derek don't get mad I still have the Debian machines you and
Aymeric built and they work like a dream, this is a new box I am playing
with.