[PD] call for submissions

darsha hewitt darshahewitt at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 13 22:31:45 CEST 2005

Hello everyone,

Please take note that this project will be going on for a year so if you do
not have anything ready for this call, feel free to submit works to be
considered for future programming.
----------

Urban Projections
Artengine is currently seeking submissions for a projectable media arts
series titled Urban Projections. With our recent move to the heart of the
city, Ottawa’s Byward Market, Artengine is looking for works that survey its
new surroundings. Works exhibited in Urban Projections will question and
explore the city as a subject: its architecture, its people, and/or the ways
in which it is inhabited.  We will gladly accept works that employ live
streaming, PureData ,Max/MSP patches and video.  Artworks will be projected
onto the 2nd storey windows of the Artengine lab during the evening (on the
corner of York and Byward).  The audience will be artists, art lovers and
the masses of unsuspecting locals, tourists and nightlife seekers who pass
by our central location every evening.  Works will also be presented on
small monitors in the stairwell of the Mercury Lounge (downtown down
lounge).

Deadline for submissions: June 20th
Submissions should include:
-Artist statement
-Documentation of project
-technical specs

Please keep in mind that we will not be able to accommodate any sound
components for this series. Please communicate any heavy technical
requirements prior to deadline.  Works will be exhibited every night at
sundown from July 1st to September 30th.

Please contact Darsha Hewitt at the Artengine Lab
5620-7923
Darsha.h at gmail.com
www.artengine.ca

Artengine is an artist-run organization for visual and media artists.
Federally incorporated and not-for-profit, Artengine is devoted to the
propagation of art on the internet and the artistic exploration of new
technologies. The goal of Artengine is to increase artists' presence on the
World Wide Web and to initiate and participate in the artistic applications
of digital media.  Artengine is committed to promoting professional
standards for artists, curators and cultural workers.