[PD] [GEM] pix_resize eating RAM

Davide Morelli info at davidemorelli.it
Wed Jun 15 11:19:35 CEST 2005

Hi list,

I am trying to resize a live video feed to a very small picture (16x12),
extract a list of rgba values from this image and pass the list to ann_mlp.

On my system the pix_resize object keeps eating RAM over and over every time
I pass it a pix. (see the attached patch)

Maybe either the unsigned char * resizedData or the old image.data should be
freed somewhere?

WinXP
GEM 0.90 (compiled Aug 3 2004)
Pd 0.38-3

Btw: in a old post
(http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2005-04/027626.html) I've read
that pix_resize can be used with 2 args:
[pix_resize X Y] to get an image Y height and X width But in the example
patch attached it doesn't seem to work, and looking at the source code
(pix_resize.cpp) I don't see how pix_resize could do that.
... Is there a way to reduce an image size?
E.g. from 320x240 to 16x12 pixels?

Thank you,
Davide.