[PD] [hid] users poll

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Jun 15 17:44:25 CEST 2005

So now that there are some people using [hid], I want to ask a question
about how its working for people, specifically about the use of symbols
rather than integers for the event naming scheme (i.e. "abs" vs. "2";
"rel_rx" vs. "5", etc.).  It definitely takes more CPU power to use
symbols, so I have two questions:

Do you notice the extra CPU load from [hid]?

Do you find the symbolic names useful, versus numbers?

____

this we should do freely and generously.

                          - Benjamin Franklin