[PD] writing a gem external. was: [GEM] pix_resize eating RAM

Davide Morelli info at davidemorelli.it
Thu Jun 16 14:41:50 CEST 2005

Hi,
As Georg suggested I am writing a gem external to use multilayer perceptrons
with images.
I am having some problem linking due to my lack of experience with cpp:

ann_pix_mlp error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport)
const ann_pix_mlp::`vftable'" (__imp_??_7ann_pix_mlp@@6B@) referenced in
function "public: __thiscall ann_pix_mlp::ann_pix_mlp(float,float)"
(??0ann_pix_mlp@@QAE at MM@Z)
ann_pix_mlp error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport)
private: static class ann_pix_mlp * __cdecl ann_pix_mlp::GetMyClass(void *)"
(__imp_?GetMyClass at ann_pix_mlp@@CAPAV1 at PAX@Z) referenced in function
"private: static void __cdecl ann_pix_mlp::dimenMessCallback(void
*,float,float)" (?dimenMessCallback at ann_pix_mlp@@CAXPAXMM at Z)
ann_pix_mlp error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport)
public: static void __cdecl ann_pix_mlp::obj_freeCallback(void *)"
(__imp_?obj_freeCallback at ann_pix_mlp@@SAXPAX at Z) referenced in function
_ann_pix_mlp_setup
ann_pix_mlp error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport)
public: static void __cdecl ann_pix_mlp::real_obj_setupCallback(struct
_class *)" (__imp_?real_obj_setupCallback at ann_pix_mlp@@SAXPAU_class@@@Z)
referenced in function _ann_pix_mlp_setup

I used [pix_resize] as template for my external

I downloaded GEM from cvs and compiled it (but had problems linking, GemLibs
problems..)
also downloaded Mesa

then I told my msvc project to use
pd.lib
GLU32.lib (form mesa)
CPPExtern.obj
Gembase.obj
GemPixObj.obj
GemPixUtil.obj

If I tell the preprocessor
GEM_INTERNAL
it links without problems, but (obviously) this is not the way to go..
(i get dllexport and I need dllimport, pd won't find my *_setup function)

Thank you,
Davide.