[PD] pix to pdp bridge

Georg Holzmann grhPD at gmx.at
Fri Jun 17 14:19:40 CEST 2005

Hallo list!

A maybe useful external for some Gem/PDP users:

pix_2pdp captures the contents of a Gem pix and transforms it to a PDP
packet with almost no cpu power.
So it's possible to convert from Gem to PDP to Gem to PDP to ... if you
use the Gem pix objects!

So what can you do with it?

     * use pix_video/pix_2pdp for firewire input in PDP
     * use pix_2pdp/pdp_rec~ to record Gem pixes
     * maybe switch between Gem and PDP all the time
     * ...

pix_2pdp is based on code of gem2pdp by Yves Degoyon and is (should be)
part of the gem2pdp package.
Many thanks to IOhannes M Zmölnig!

For more information how to use it look at the help patch.

You can get the code and linux binaries here:
http://grh.mur.at/software/pix2pdp.html

LG
Georg

PS: @Yves:
Can I (or you) check in the code into /externals/gem2pdp in CVS and
could you also apply the 2 patches from IOhannes (on sourceforge),
because otherwise it won't compile ... (or should I check in all the stuff?)