[PD] 2 gems and four monitors

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sat Jun 18 02:39:53 CEST 2005

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005, Thomas O Fredericks wrote:

> I would like to build a system that can display Gem rendering on 4
> monitors (or 4 tvs). Does anyone have experience with this? I have seen
> Quake being run on 4 monitors. What hardware would I need to acheive
> this? In XP, I just tested running two versions of Gem and PD and it
> seems it works, so I might be able to render tw Gemwins each covering
> two windows. I would want the quad display under Linux and XP. Anybody
> have an idea?

I have a related question. Is it possible to use both the AGP card and the
on-board video? My question only applies to XFree86 and XOrg display
servers though. It would be a matter of explicitly stating the PCI channel
number of both cards, and IIRC both AGP and on-board video count as PCI
channels (no?).

I've used some computers like that but the ones I have now don't have
on-board video.

,-o--------o--------o--------o-. ,---. irc.freenode.net #dataflow |
`-o------------o-------------o-' | | Mathieu Bouchard (Montréal QC) |