[PD] more strange behaviours on 0.38.3

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sun Jun 19 19:56:42 CEST 2005

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005, Anton Woldhek wrote:
>> Im getting another really strange behaviour on 0.38.3.
>> Ocassionally while programming, an unrequested help window of
>> an arbitrary object pops up (it doesnt even need to be used
>> in the patch). The thing is that after that every click on a
>> canvas or a menu causes another help patch to open, and so
>> on... i get dozens and dozens of windows and it is impossible
>> to close pd. greg.
> I had the same thing happening to me (PD 0.38.2) on windows 2000.

I can confirm. Two of the people I have helped recently have experienced
that problem on WinXP... and all the other people I've helped are on OSX
and they haven't got that problem.

In other news I'm currently attempting to run Pd (0.38.4) on a computer
that has a very slow video driver (P4-2666 with debian 3.2 and the vesa
driver...) and Pd can't do anything useful before it gets really confused
(losing sync between pd and tk).

,-o--------o--------o--------o-. ,---. irc.freenode.net #dataflow |
`-o------------o-------------o-' | | Mathieu Bouchard (Montréal QC) |