[PD] global C variables accessible to many Pd externals?

Mike Wozniewski mike at ozmediasolutions.com
Mon Jun 20 21:41:03 CEST 2005

Hi all,

I'm writing a series of Pd externals... and I would like to have a few
global variables accessible from the C code of all these externals.

These variables are not necessarily Pd related - for example, I might
have a dynamic linked-list that exists in C, but I do not want it in the
local space of any one external. In fact, I would like for several Pd
externals to have access to this list.

So the question is:  how/where do I initially define these variables?
How do I tell my new externals where to find these variables?

...I assume that the answer to this includes the use of things like
gensym(), pd_bind(), etc.

Thanks in advance,
Mike Wozniewski