[PD] more strange behaviours on 0.38.3

Krzysztof Czaja czaja at chopin.edu.pl
Tue Jun 21 23:04:48 CEST 2005

hi greg,

a wild guess... not sure if tk/windows can handle tens of
thousand menu entries.

For a pure Pd I get this (add many more for all the libraries and
multiply by the number of open Pd windows):

~/PureData$ ls -l pd/doc/{2,3,4,5,6}*/* | wc -l
296

which translates into this in tkcon:

% set s 0 \
foreach m [winfo children .mbar.help] {incr s [$m index last]}
% set s
296

Unfortunately, while a majority of Pd users use windows, there
seem to be not a single windows hacker left... all the people
willing to investigate such things have migrated to mac or linux.

Krzysztof