[PD] netsend/netreceive

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Jun 22 10:02:54 CEST 2005

gZea wrote:
> hy!!
>
> i'm newbie in pd. Now i'm trying to do a carnivore client
> (http://www.rhizome.org/carnivore).
>
> I tried to conect my pd's patch using netsend and netreceive. The client
> connection indicator in carnivore recognized the conection, but i
> couldn't receive the carnivore's data in to pd.
>
> Please can any body help me?????

note the semi-colon at the end of a pd-message you send from carnivore
"pizza man;" will be emitted by [netreceive] (as "pizza man"), while
"foo bar" will _not_ be emitted (but if you send a ";" later, "foo bar"
will magically appear.

this has been asked many times on this list; try searching the archives.

mfg.asd.r
IOhannes