[PD] [GEM][PDP] video input on OSX

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Thu Jun 23 18:39:17 CEST 2005

On Jun 23, 2005, at 9:56 AM, günter geiger wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I am looking for a way to do video input (from a DV cam) and
> processing on OSX.
> Before starting with this I wanted to ask what the Mac people use
> for this, and what would be the best solution.

hey gunter,

...for GEM, [pix_video] works fine with dv signals, either with a
camera plugged in directly, or a dazzle hollywood dv bridge (which I
use for converting older Hi8 camera signals)...the only limitations
that come to mind are that we've never been able to fully integrate
the sequence grabber control panel, which means we can't adjust
brightness, contrast, etc., in the process of actually grabbing the
data...perhaps some day...

...for pdp, pidip has basically a clone of [pix_video] called
[pdp_ieee1394]...there's a major limitation to the version in cvs
that has the destructor disabled, which means you have to restart pd
to use it after the object is destroyed...I have a fix, and have
offered yves the patch, but despite his claims of openness, he has
declared me not "open-source", for whatever that's worth ;-\

l8r,
jamie