[PD] PD 'Hands-On' tutorial

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Jun 24 06:38:41 CEST 2005

On Jun 19, 2005, at 3:44 PM, Anton Woldhek wrote:

> Hi Again,
>
>> Or connect the dots, or whatever youw anna call it. Anways
>> that's the kind of documentation im looking to creating. I
>> hacked up 2 template patches based on the latest PDDP
>> template. It can be found here:
>> http://student-kmt.hku.nl/~anton/pd/ (the Quiz_counter.pd and
>> Quiz_counter2.pd)
>> Also I'm keeping a list of possible questions to ask here:
>> http://www.puredata.org/Members/Antonw/
>
> What I wanted to add is that im very open to suggestion for possbile
> new
> questions, so please feel free to add them to the list (I havent been
> able
> to figure out how to open the document for other people to edit it
> yet).
> As are any other comments.
> Also I forgot to mention that I plan to include solution patches aswell
> which will contain a more detailed explaination of the design
> principles
> behind it.

Its a good start, but much needs to be done.  I like the format, a
question and a set of objects.  For beginning exercises, all of the
necessary objects should be there.  As the exercises get more advanced,
then the objects can just be suggestions.  While I think that using the
PDDP templates is a good idea, I don't think we should use the exact
templates, rather make workshop/exercise templates.  Ben Bogart has a
good start in that regard.

I just whipped out some sketches of some patches for the very first
intro workshop for Pd.  I attached them.