[PD] PD 'Hands-On' tutorial

Anton Woldhek woldhek at xs4all.nl
Fri Jun 24 09:25:20 CEST 2005

> Its a good start, but much needs to be done.  I like the format, a
> question and a set of objects.  For beginning exercises, all of the
> necessary objects should be there.  As the exercises get more
> advanced,
> then the objects can just be suggestions.  While I think that
> using the
> PDDP templates is a good idea, I don't think we should use the exact
> templates, rather make workshop/exercise templates.  Ben Bogart has a
> good start in that regard.
I cant seem to locate Ben's files at the moment

> I just whipped out some sketches of some patches for the very first
> intro workshop for Pd.  I attached them.

Ok this is a more documentation then exercise kind of patch. Seems good to
start at this level. (In regards to what I was on about with the max
tutorial pdf).

Btw: execution order isnt undefined (as I have no doubt you are well aware
of) but is depend on creation order. I think this is an important aspect of
pd coders to realize well though. It should be brought back in an practical
exercise where the student is given a problematic patch to debug.

Btw2: im not sure if putting a [o] on a [*~] connect to a [osc~ 500] is a
good idea for n00bs. They might ruine their speakers!

Cheers
Anton