[PD] fluid~ and flext~ compilation on OSX

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Fri Jun 24 17:45:07 CEST 2005

Hallo,
David Plans Casal hat gesagt: // David Plans Casal wrote:

> Of course, there is a flext.a at
> /Users/dc/Development/music/pd/flext/flext.a, but when I now go to
> compile fluid, I get:
>
> make: *** No rule to make target `pd-darwin/fluid~.pd_darwin', needed
> by `all'.  Stop.

It might be, that the directory "pd-darwin" is missing. I'm not sure,
if flext-build.sh creates this if it's not there. It is not in CVS, so
maybe "mkdir pd-darwin" could help here, then again try:

$ flext-build.sh pd gcc build

or similar.

> Following the list archives, I see that I could use:
>
> g++ -bundle -bundle_loader /usr/local/bin/pd -flat_namespace
> pd-darwin/fluid.o -lm -L/usr/local/lib -lfluidsynth
> /usr/local/lib/pd/flext/flext.a -framework veclib -o
> pd-darwin/fluid.pd_darwin
>
> But that gets me:
>
> ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _BC
> /usr/local/lib/libreadline.5.0.dylib(terminal.so) definition of _BC

This might be because you may need to add "-lreadline" to your
g++-line, if libfluidsynth is built with readline support. (I never
understood why a library like libfluidsynth needs to link with
readline, but I don't understand a lot of things regarding libraries
et al.)

Maybe it also helps to use this in build/gnumake-mac-gcc.inc

LIBS += -framework Fluidsynth -framework Readline

and then use flext-build.sh. I cannot test this myself for lack of
Mac, but if it works, I can add it (and the missing
pd-darwin-directory) to CVS.

Ciao

          _ __latest track: "scans" _ http://footils.org/cms/show/41