k_guile [Was: Re: [PD] Re: access environment variables from Pd?]

Kjetil Svalastog Matheussen k.s.matheussen at notam02.no
Sat Jun 25 16:24:42 CEST 2005

Frank Barknecht:

> > > or Guile:
>
> Actually you'r k_guile helpfile also includes an example for this:
>
>  eval (display(environ))
>
> Regarding k_guile, I have some questions:
>
> Where should I put the *.scm files (add.scm, any.scm,...) so that
> opening the help file in /usr/lib/pd/doc/5.reference/help-k_guile.pd
> will find them?

In the path you start pd from.

> I tried /usr/lib/pd/doc/5.reference/ and /usr/lib/pd/extra (where
> k_guile.pd_linux is) but in both cases, the k_guile objects don't get
> created because k_guild cannot find add.scm etc.
>
> Is it possible to add a kind of load-path as in Snd to k_guile (e.g.
> in ~/.k_guile.scm)?

Hmm, sorry, reading the source, there is no way to do that. It should
probably read %load-path to find the path, but it doesn't.
You just have to start pd from the path containing the files, or
write in the complete path to the scheme-file in the pd-object.
I'll try to remember this for the next release.

> And third a suggesiton: I think it would be better, if the global
> rc-file would not start with a dot as it does in /etc/.k_guile.scm,
> because this fits better with the conventions for other rcfiles (like
> /etc/bashrc vs. ~/.bashrc). I know, that I can "fix" this in
> global.scm.

Yes, I agree, that is better. I'll try to remember that for the next
release as well.