[PD] OSX installer for 10.2.8?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sun Jun 26 23:32:18 CEST 2005

On Jun 25, 2005, at 10:20 PM, dafydd hughes wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Just got a great deal on a 2-year old powerbook.  It's very cool, and
> I'd like to get pd working on it.

I'd highly recommend 10.3, its quite a bit faster, and probably quite
cheap/easy to get these days.

> I tried Hans' installer .app, but I suspect it's geared towards a
> later version of OSX.  Is there an extended installer that will work
> on version 10.2?  (I'm looking for flext, gem, zexy, xsample)

Tcl/Tk-standalone 8.4.7 and above are compiled for 10.3  These
version's have Jamie Tittle's CoreGraphics updates, so make a big
difference in performance. But you could easily make your own 10.2
build by downloading Miller's 0.38-4, then copying "extra" and "doc"
folders from the extended build (Pd.app/Contents/Resources/) into
Pd-0.38-4.app.

____

                   ¡El pueblo unido jamás será vencido!