[PD] scale's logarithmic curve

federico xaero at inwind.it
Mon Jun 27 21:19:51 CEST 2005

jmmmp ha scritto:

> Hello list,
>
> I was working with scale to see the differences between the linear
> and  logarythmic scales. I deduced from the help file that the
> logarithmic  curve would be scalable from 0 to 1. But what happens is
> that there are  only two scales: x=0 => linear, x!=0 => logarithmic.
>
> is this behaviour normal? or, if it is, could someone point me to a
> place  where I could learn how to make a logarithmic curve and control
> its slope?
>
> thanks as usual,
>
> joao

search in the list archives for tension
some time ago I released an external (and a patch too) that makes
linear/logarithmic/exponential scale, and it allows you to control how
logaritmic/exponential is the curve (by a float inlet)

p.s. if you find this external (you or someone other) please mail me
back, because it seems i lost it :|

ciao!
--
Federico