[PD] avi in pd

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Jun 29 11:51:33 CEST 2005

please include the pd-list in our conversation too, as they might will
know more than just me.

rez wrote:
> IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
>

>>please give us a bit more information. for example, what OS are you
>>using ? what library (or at least: which objects) are you using to
>>play back mov-files ? library-version ? what does the console say when
>>you open an AVI-file.
>>
>>mfg.asdr.
>>IOhannes
>>

> OPS! sorry, I'd forget it!
>
> I use Gentoo Linux, kernel 2.6.11 on Dell Inspiron 5100, Pentium IV 2,8
> Ghz, 640 RAM, with ATI radeon M7 (7500) 32 Mb.
>
> I've installed, pdp, pidip, gem and gridflow.

> I use pdp_qt object to play mov files because I don't know other object
> wich plays video files. (avi too?)

if you are using pidip, you could try [pdp_ffmpeg] (or [pdp_ffmpegin] or
similar, i don't know the exact name)

with pdp/pidip each decoding-library has a separate object.

> Are there more objects to play videos?

if using Gem is an option (as you have already installed it), there is
one single object [pix_film] which uses (depending on your compilation,
all, several or none of) libquicktime, libavifile, libmpeg3 (or
libmpeg1) and libffmpeg.

when you create the first [pix_film] object, it should give you some
information about what libraries are compiled in.

i guess your gfx-card will not perform too well with Gem though. (this
is: Gem rendering, video decoding has _nothing_ to do with that)
you could use georg's [pix_2pdp] from yves' gem2pdp-bridge to get
image-data from Gem into pdp.

mfg.asdr
IOhannes