[PD] why does my external not compile?

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Wed Jun 29 19:39:28 CEST 2005

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005, Ed Kelly wrote:

> I'm new to coding PD externals, and I'm trying to get this arbitrary bit
> of math working as an exercise to learn the API. I'm also quite new to
> C, but I've been following the Zmoelnig howto and looking at others'
> externals. Every time I try to compile, I get the error that class_new
> has too few arguments, yet it has exactly the same number of args as the
> Iohannes' examples!

There's one too much ")" after gensym and it confuses the compiler. I
haven't tried compiling it, but I guess it would yield a "parse error"
when it gets to what you had intended as the real ")" of class_new...

,-o--------o--------o--------o-. ,---. irc.freenode.net #dataflow |
`-o------------o-------------o-' | | Mathieu Bouchard (Montréal QC) |