[PD] navier stokes...

--//-- schwarz at gen-control.com
Sun Jul 17 18:34:20 CEST 2005

At 17:48 28.07.2004, you wrote:
>hello,
>
>what do you exactly want to modeled? navier stokes equation are very
>complex and can be used to modeled lots of things like the acoustik of an
>organ or the whole earth atmosphere...

well i thought of something like realtime video controlled fluid emitters
for an installation (bodymovements distorting virtual atmosphere (like hot
steam)). i thought of realising this with particles but allways got somehow
"to rough" grains.

>I think implementing navier stokes equations in gem is a big work, and to
>make it work in real time is quite impossible :
>profesional software like fluent does not work in real time, even for
>small system.

i thought that to.... it was just a question of "somehow and maybe"

>in some very special case, the navier stokes equation got an explicit
>solution (most of the case, it's  highly chaotic). in that specific case,
>it's not so hard to draw the solution in real time with gem.
>there is a try in the pmpd exemples :
>exemple 19, 20 and 21 are a modelisation of a specific solution of navier
>stokes equation in a 2D field.

yes i think they could be quiet handy-- thanks