[PD] fluid~ compilation on OSX-another one

David Plans Casal david at khandaan.org
Fri Jul 1 12:26:12 CEST 2005

On 30 Jun 2005, at 16:23, Frank Barknecht wrote:

>> make: *** [pd-darwin/fluid.pd_darwin] Error 1
>> rm pd-darwin/fluid.o
>
> Did you get this error when using the flext buildsys? Like in
> $ flext-build.sh pd gcc

My experience there was that you *definitely* want to compile flext in
the buildsys way (from CVS checkout). For me it was slightly different
than Frank's command line:

$ sudo ./build.sh pd gcc

Once you've successfully compiled flext, do the following in
footils/fluid:

1- make sure you do 'mkdir pd-darwin' (missing dir there from cvs
checkout...someone please add?)

2- g++ -c -O6 -mcpu=G4 -DPD  -I/usr/include/src -I/usr/local/lib
-I../../grill/flext/source/ fluid/main.cpp -o pd-darwin/fluid.o

3- g++  -bundle -bundle_loader /usr/local/bin/pd -flat_namespace
pd-darwin/fluid.o -lm -L/usr/local/lib -lfluidsynth
/usr/local/lib/pd/flext/flext.a -framework veclib -o
pd-darwin/fluid.pd_darwin

Obviously, change the paths in those lines to point to where you've
compiled flext, and to reflect your pd install directory paths.

Hope that helps,

David