[PD] splitfilename bug?

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Jul 1 14:14:16 CEST 2005

Johannes Burström wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Lately, while working on a patch, i've had some strange crashes. I think
> i have found the source at splitfilename. When you are sending symbols
> to it, after a while it simply crashes. Attached is a patch which
> illustrates this behaviour - type some asdfasdf into the symbol atoms
> and prepare for segfault.
>
> I'm on linux, and have tried this on three pd installs - 0.38(-4?)
> devel, Miller's 0.38-4 and the latest debian package.

unfortunately i cannot really reproduce this.
how many symbols do you consider "a few" ?

but you could run a debugger to see where it crashes:
$ gdb pd
% run -lib iemlib2 splitfilenametest.pd
% bt

and post the output of "bt".

additionally it often helps to run pd with "-stderr" so any
error-messages will not immediatly vanish with the tk-console when pd dies.

mfg.a.er
IOhannes