[PD] fluid~ compilation on OSX-another one

Koray Tahiroglu ktahirog at uiah.fi
Fri Jul 1 18:21:16 CEST 2005

Hello Frank,

> > 2- g++ -c -O6 -mcpu=G4 -DPD  -I/usr/include/src -I/usr/local/lib
> > -I../../grill/flext/source/ fluid/main.cpp -o pd-darwin/fluid.o
> >
> > 3- g++  -bundle -bundle_loader /usr/local/bin/pd -flat_namespace
> > pd-darwin/fluid.o -lm -L/usr/local/lib -lfluidsynth
> > /usr/local/lib/pd/flext/flext.a -framework veclib -o
> > pd-darwin/fluid.pd_darwin
>
> Maybe we can try to fix the build using the flext-build system. Inside
> the "fluid" directory, it should in the end work with something like
> "flext-build.sh pd gcc" or similar - I don't know, where flext
> installs the flext-build.sh on OS-X.

I couldnt find any flext-build.sh file that we can modify, but here I
paste  another build-.sh file, if you can modify this one then maybe we
can try this to compile fluid.

#!/bin/sh

. config-pd-darwin.txt

make -f makefile.pd-darwin &&
{
	if [ "${INSTPATH}" != "" ]; then
		echo Now install as root
		sudo make -f makefile.pd-darwin install
	fi
}

> Then in "build/gnumake-mac-gcc.inc" it is possible to specify
> libraries and frameworks. Currently there just is:
>
> LIBS += -framework Fluidsynth
>
> but from reading your g++-line maybe it should be:
>
> LIBS += -lfluidsynth -framework veclib

I will change this in gnumake-mac-gcc.inc, when we have the
flext-build.sh

best
Koray.