[PD] joystick external windows

Urs Liska pd at ursliska.de
Mon Jul 4 19:52:20 CEST 2005

Hi,

I'm rather new to Pd and new to this list and would like to post a first
question.
(Fortunately I could cancel all the previous mails starting with this
sentence because I found solutions earlier, but this time I have to ask.)
I am looking for a windows joystick external that supports the
'point-of-view' switch. After nearly 20 years  accompanied by computers,
Pd for the first time justified buying a joystick ;-) And I think it was
really a good idea.
I then installed the pd_joystick external by J. Sarlo which works very
well except for the mentioned 'pov'-switch (which is - for those who
don't know - a button that can be pushed to 8 directions).
I asked J.Sarlo if there is any chance for an update, but he told me he
doesn't work on this external anymore. Additionally he told me there
were several externals available (for Linux and Windows), but I wasn't
able to find anything on the net.

So the question is: does anybody know of a newer joystick external that
works in Windows XP?

Thanks a lot
Urs