[PD] pix_sig2pix, block size and audio in a patch

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Wed Jul 6 20:54:43 CEST 2005

Can't you use [block~] inside a subpatch or abstraction for this? That
is indeed what that object was made for. Put [pix_sig2pix] inside and
send sound from outside. Unless I radically misunderstand how
[pix_sig2pix] works, of course...
d.

Paris Treantafeles wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> I have been creating several patches using pix_sig2pix and using  block~
> 4096 to create some visuals that i really like.
> Now, I've run into a slight problem....
> Rather than using oscillators as inputs to pix_sig2pix, I'd like to  use
> a sound file in a patch.
> To hear the sound file, it appears that I have to use a default block
> size of 64, but then the pix_sig2pix gives only 64 pixels of data.
> Is there a work around so that one can read a sound file into a patch
> and send it to dac and have pix_sig2pix use some value greater than 64?
>
> A somewhat cheesy but interesting result occurs by living with
> pix_sig2pix at 64 and using pix_crop to stretch the image to the full
> window.
>
> Thanks,

derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl
---Oblique Strategy # 100: