[PD] Freesound - Mootcher external

Jorn Lemon (MTG) jlemon at iua.upf.es
Fri Jul 8 14:36:26 CEST 2005

Hi All !

I'm new to this list. And I hope it's ok if I post this here.

For the last few months I have been working on a PD external, called the
Mootcher. With this external you can easily connect to the freesound
website ( http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/ ) from within PD. Search,
download and use all the sounds available on the fly! The Freesound
Project aims to create a huge collaborative online database of audio
snippets, samples, recordings, bleeps, ... released under the Creative
Commons Sampling Plus License

please take a look at this page for the external:
http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/mootcher.php Since this is my first pd
external, please let me know what you think of it.
For now, only a windows version is available. However it is made with
Flext and we are working on a Linux (PD) and Mac (PD & Max) build. They
should be available soon.

For c++ programmers
Since the library is Open Source (LGPL), feel free to make your own
plugins/programs using the C++ library. Please subscribe to the
freesound development mailing list
<http://iua-mail.upf.es/mailman/listinfo/freesound-dev>. And ofcource
Let us know if you made something cool.

Thanks for reading.