[PD] Re: csoundapi~ and OSX

Julian Peterson julianpeterson at mac.com
Fri Jul 8 21:17:17 CEST 2005

> I can think of two undesirable solutions, neither of which I've
> tried: enable the root account and run everything as root (which I
> loath to do), or disable the real-time features of PD.

I just tested my two undesirable solutions and neither worked.
Running from root still causes a horrible system crash.  Running PD
non-rt gave me the same error with csoundapi~ (but at least when it
caused pd to crash it didn't take my whole system down with it!).

I don't know if this will help, but here's what I get when I try to
load a csd file that employs fof...
Error: utility 'srconv' not found
Error in pre-initialisation function of module 'libsrconv.dylib'
Error: utility 'sndinfo' not found
Error in pre-initialisation function of module 'libsndinfo.dylib'
Error: utility 'scale' not found
Error in pre-initialisation function of module 'libscale.dylib'
Csound tidy up: Bus error
Jul  8 15:11:50 crashdump[451]: pd crashed
Jul  8 15:11:54 crashdump[451]: crash report written to: ~/Library/
Logs/CrashReporter/pd.crash.log

I've successfully run csd files that use oscil, buzz, f-tables,
linseg, expseg, among others.  I think these are 'built-in'?

Julian