[PD] pd.sf.net

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sun Jul 10 20:21:59 CEST 2005

On Jul 9, 2005, at 1:46 PM, günter geiger wrote:

> On Sat, 9 Jul 2005, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

>>> I think that having the information about how to use the CVS on the
>>> CVS
>>> site made things clear. I understand that we are in a transitional
>>> state
>>> now, but the crosslinking is not very elegant, so the solution that
>>> Martin proposes with a separate section for cross links seems to be
>>> logical.
>>
>> Yeah, the cross-linking is probably not the best thing...  anyone
>> opposed to a complete merge of pure-data.sf.net into puredata.org,
>> included a redirection?
>
> No, my only concern is that the puredata.org site should get more
> consistent. E.g the two menus developers/documentation and
> documentation/developers are a bit confusing.

Can't argue against consistency.  And those menus should point to the
same thing.  As long as there is one clearly defined method of
accessing something (docs/developer), I think shortcuts are ok
(dev/docs).

> Developers should have all the information they need at hand in the
> developers submenu directly.

The developers section was never really flushed out, actually much of
the site was never really  flushed out.  Personally I find Plone too
heavyweight for what we need to do.  I think a Wiki would work much
better for most of the site.

The idea behind the developers section is for things pertaining to
development, like the bug, patches, and feature request trackers; or
organizational info if we ever manage to agree on how to organize ;).
All documentation should be in the documentation section.

.hc

> Guenter
>

>> .hc
>>

>>> Guenter

>> __
>> ____
>>
>> Man has survived hitherto because he was too ignorant to know how to
>> realize his wishes.
>> Now that he can realize them, he must either change them, or perish.
>> 		                                                -William Carlos
>> Williams

____

deliberately throwing it
away to benefit those who profit from scarcity."

        -John Gilmore