[PD] simultaneous read and write in tables

Peter Plessas plessas at sbox.tugraz.at
Mon Jul 11 12:38:16 CEST 2005

Hi List,

I need some ideas for reading and writing to a table at the same position
with audio signals.
I need to create a looping sampler which is based on tables, not delays.
So i need to write to a table with tabwrite~ and read from the exactly
same position with a tabplay~, though this gives me strange behavior
(weird audio, distortion, etc). So i figure it is a problem between
tabwrite~ and tabplay~ accessing the same sample in the table...
Sadly, it has to be exactly the same, as i then feed my playback signal
into the tabwrite~ again, and a minimum lag would add up with each
repetition.
As i have tabwrite~ write 5 samples behind tabplay~, audio is fine, but
it's not the same position (see above).
I know that xsample from Thomas Grill has some of this functionality, but
it's not quite what i need.

Any hints?

regards, Peter