[PD] gem installation on mac os 10.3.9

rene beekman r at raakvlak.net
Tue Jul 12 10:01:08 CEST 2005

hi,

i'm trying to get gem to run on mac os 10.3.9
i have pd 0.38-3 app in /Applications
and i've copied gem.pd_darwin into "/Library/Application Support/Pd"
i've made a .pdrc in my home dir, which includes the line:
-lib '/Library/Application Support/Pd/Gem.pd_darwin'

the space in the path is giving me problems;
pd cannot find the library at /Library/Application ...
i've tried double quotes, same result

is there a way to make pd accept a path with a space in the name???

i'm sure i'm not the first one to come up against this problem
i've searched the archives, but have been unable to find anything other
than a message about ubumenu installation on os x with a reference to
spaces in paths being potential problems...

without wanting to start an endless argument about where things should
be installed under unix/linux and derivatives and whether or not os x
had anything to do with unix, the above setup is normal expected
installation under os x

thanks for any pointers
rene