[PD] gem installation on mac os 10.3.9

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Tue Jul 12 13:34:33 CEST 2005

Hi Rene,

AFAICT, the problem actually is with your flags. The .pdrc should
probably look like this:

-lib Gem
-path /Library/Application\ Support/Pd/Gem

or

-lib Gem
-path "/Library/Application\ Support/Pd/Gem"

or

-lib Gem
-path "/Library/Application Support/Pd/Gem"

Where "-lib" is the name of theexternal you want to load on startup, and
"-path" adds another path which PD will search for any external or
abstraction you call.

I am still not sure how the OSX shell handles these things, but one of
these combinations will surely give you victory.

See if that helps,
derek

--
derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl